All the projects!

So I know my last post wasn't too long ago, but man things have just started rolling since then! I have started four different projects and finished two of them. I am going to say that 50% completion rate isn't so bad! Both of my jobs have picked up and I have been spending extra time watching my nanny kids and it seems like every time I go into work I pick up an extra shift. I am so glad that I don't have to pick up my nanny kids till after school. It gives me a chance to relax in the morning and work on some of my projects. Without more excuses....here is what I have been working on.

1. Ravelry: Pine Bough Cowl

Just like it says I got this pattern from a great site called Ravelry. If you like knitting and have never been there then...shame on you! It is a great place to find patterns. They have plenty of free ones for knitting and crochet! You can find this pattern here! In the picture, they work the pattern with nice dark rich colors, but sadly my stash dose does not have such yarn. I did have some nice yarn left over from a baby blanket I made a while back. So, I used a nice baby blue and white to make it look kinda wintery. It is a good first attempt for working with color patterns.


Lately, this project has taken a backseat cause I know that it will take a good amount of time to finish. It is worked lengthwise and is on small needles and if I didn't it to the side I would never get anyone Christmas presents done!

2. Twenty Something Granny: Knitted baby bow hat

Projects 2 and 3 I both found on a blog called Twenty-Something Granny. I liked the pattern she has and it was nice to see there are more of us out there! We might be twenty-somethings, but we like knitting and baking and crafting and that's a great thing! This stuff isn't just for your nanna anymore! Anyways you can find the pattern here and it is a great quick knit. I think in total it took me maybe 2-3 hours to knit it and put it all together. I recently found out that my cousin is having a baby girl and it is the first girl that I get to make things for this year, so there is a slight chance I might get a little baby girl crazy! Get ready for bows on everything! My cousin is a giant Steelers fan, and girls and life football too! So I wanted to make her something Steelers for the baby. My sister is going to make a baby tutu to go with the hat for baby pics and I couldn't be more excited.
This is the finished product!


I changed up the pattern a little. She worked the pattern flat and I knitted it in the round. The only other change I made was the bow. I just knitted 14 stitches in the stockinette stitch till it measured about an inch and then crocheted around the edge. I worked single crochet evenly around the edge but I am sure you could use whatever stitch you wanted or could skip that step. Also, I added the fabric covered button 1. cause it's cute and 2. So that I could find a way to make it more Steelers! 

3. Twenty Something Granny: Baby Bow Headband (crochet)

I have said that I have been working on my crochet skills and I wasn't lying! This pattern is totally crochet and me as bad and slow as I am.... only took about an hour or so to make. Putting it all together didn't take too long either. It was quick to do and makes great accents to a baby gift or just cause little girls are cute in bows...or cause I love bows.I DONT KNOW!! So you can find this pattern here. All you need to know is how to chain and do a single crochet and you are GOLDEN! It's way simple! Love it!
Work in Progress

Yes, I do know that the colors are a little loud but who cares! It's cute and heck I am thinking about making a version of this that will fit my big ole head! who know! I will keep you posted and let you know how that works out. I really am trying to get rid of my scrap yarn so just like for the rest of my projects I used the yarn I had to lay around. Everything but that cowl is made using worsted weight yarn. So if I have a ton of laying around I bet you do too! Something of this stuff is just cute quick ways to use some of that up.....cause once we get rid of some of the stashes you can buy more yarn! Again I added a fabric covered button which is soo easy to make and just add a little bit of flare. You can buy a fabric button kit at Hobby Lobby for about $4! It is a good way to use some scrap fabric you might have just sitting around. This was my practice button before I made the Steelers one. 

I know this post is super long so I will post again later this week with project 4. Bow Garland cause this one I don't have a pattern for I have to figure it out all by my lonesome!  So. stay tuned! 




Comments

Popular Posts