Little Bit at a Time

It’s been a little bit since my last post. Baseball season picked up and I had to put down all my projects. The team is away for 10 days, so I have all time to work on some projects. 

My sister is prego with her first and that means making all the little things that she wants. She is the one person who is sure to tell me exactly she wants to be made for her little sea monkey. She found a newborn set she liked on pinterest, and so I ended up actually buying and paying for a pattern for her. It is a fisherman’s hat and a fish.

 This set was cute and quick to make. I am sure once they get the finishing touches they will  make for great newborn pics for Sea Monkey.
Here is a link to the Etsy page where I purchased the pattern. Little Fisherman Pattern

                 Besides from the things that big sis asked for I am trying to come up with a few more things to make for my nephew. My sister decided on a classic car type theme for the little man's room. So I had an idea that I could make a toy car for little man. So as usual, I turned for Ravelry for help. I found a pattern called Tiny Crochet Car. It is a cute little-stuffed toy car. 
This was my first attempt at trying to crochet something like this and overall I think it turned out pretty well. The pattern was well written and photos made it really easy to put together. The only thing I didn’t see in the pattern was how to make tires. So I pretty much just freestyled that part. 

The pattern says to get creative with it. Use buttons, add eyes, little car face, turn this little guy into lighting McQueen if you want. Overall it was a quick and fairly painless project to make. The car took maybe one movie to put together. 

             A hat, fish, car...and more to come this week. The entire project is for Sea Monkey, and I am working on another baby blanket using the same pattern Easy Baby Blanket. I am hoping that all these little pieces come together to make one great baby gift for my sister. This time, I might try to add something to it like a car to make is different from the last one. I only have a few weeks until I have to wrap everything up and send it all the Indiana in time for the baby shower 


Being away from everyone gets hard sometimes. It’s nice to know that next month I have a few visitors. It makes being away a little bit better, having things to look forward to. Everyone gets homesick, but I have had at least I have good roommates, and people here to keep me busy. My internship is almost halfway over and it is time to start planning that comes next. I thought planning to come here was the scariest thing I would have to do this year. Turns out I was wrong the scariest thing is going to be figuring out where I go from here. Finding options trying to figure out what my options are and what is going to be my best move. All is very scary when you have no idea what you’re doing. I am taking life a little bit at a time, and just hoping that I am moving in the right direction. 
     

Comments

Popular Posts