Aunt Duties

So, I know that it has been quite some time since I last posted. Baseball season gets crazy and my creativity goes down the drain. I know mentioned that my sister was having a baby well it happened! I am an AUNT! 8 lb 2 oz of a bouncing baby boy! 

 As Aunt, it is my job to spoil the snot out of the little bugger and to make all the little things that my sister might need for baby pictures and general life! He was bigger than expected so I have spent the last few days remaking baby gifts so that he will actually be able to use them. That list includes a new fisherman’s hat, a beanie, and a diaper cover. So here is a list of links to the pattern I have recently used. Two are free patterns are from Ravelry and one I purchased on Etsy.

Diaper Cover
Fisherman Baby Set
Basic Beanie

 Here is what the finished diaper cover or soaker looks like. The photographer said that she was interested in having some for the studio so I made up one for her. It was a prototype for her to see and a nice accessory for them to have for little man's photo session. It fit him pretty well and was a good option to not fully naked baby photos. The straps being adjustable were a big help with getting the fit right. It took probably 2 hours and just some spare yarn less than half a skein to make. 

Here are the two fisherman’s hats from the Etsy pattern. He was just too big for it! So I tried adjusting it on my own by adding 1 additional row of DC on the top circle to make it bigger and well it made it MUCH bigger! I think I might have used a different size needle for the first one so the second hat was bigger anyways. But one extra round of DC made a good difference in size. 
Little man was wide awake and not ready to have his photo taken today! I am sure that his newborn pictures will be fantastic and full of some of my handy work! When I get those I will be sure to post them as well with another post. 

Last weekend boy came up and helped me move back from Maine to Georgia. It has been great to be home with him and kitten, unpacking has been a pain in my rear end. Everything changed while I was gone, and that makes for a weird homecoming where things don’t quite feel the same. I will continue to work retail and I am still looking for a full-time job in baseball. It was so great being an intern this season learning more about what it is like to be part of the front office for a MiLB team. I have resumes out from PA to CA. It is exciting to apply for so many positions, but it breaks my heart to think about leaving boy again. It is so nice to be with him and here in GA, but I am so excited to see where my career could take me. Resumes, cover letters, interviews and thank you notes are the norm right now. People often ask me "What am I doing with my life?" or "What’s next?". I like to tell them the same thing I'll let you know when I figure it out. So that is what I say for now. I will let everyone know what I'm doing once I figure it out. Till then I am going to enjoy my time with my boy and work hard to find that perfect job. 

Comments

Popular Posts