Some Disney Magic

                "All our dreams can come true if we have the courage to pursue them." - Walt Disney

Lately, I have been feeling a little discouraged in my pursuit to follow my dreams. I am back home, and underemployed. My life could use a little Disney magic. Even though my life my currently lacking Disney magic I was able to create some for a few of my favorite little people.

I have a cousin that frequently comes to me when she finds something on Pinterest that she wants knitted or crocheted. She texted me at the end of September and asked if I could create some Frozen inspired hats for her kids. I looked and looked for free patterns but just are not out there yet. So I ended up buying patterns from Etsy.


Overall, I am happy with how they came out (for a first attempt). Both patterns were easy to read and follow.  Here are links to the two patterns I purchased Princess Anna Bonnet and Olaf Hat. I made the Olaf hat first cause it had less detail and I figured it would take less time. The hat part is relatively quick to make. I'm not sure if I really like the base hat pattern. If you have a go-to beanie or earflap hat pattern you like I would say stick with that. It might be that I'm just bad at counting or I did something wrong. Anyways when I went to make a second Olaf for my nephew I used a hat pattern that I KNOW I LIKE.

The face detailing is really my downfall. Making the pieces is easy putting them on the hat can be a problem. It was weird to attach them, and no one ever really tells you the best way to so it. They just say sew them on....cause it is that easy! But not if you want the eyes to be level or them to be looking a certain way. I didn't even attempt sewing the mouth. First, cause it was cute as is, and second cause it was just another thing for me to mess up! I used a bunch of leftover yarn to make this hat. All of it worsted weight and a size H hook. 


Princess Anna was second in line. All the yarn used for this is Hobby Lobby band which is nice cause it really didn't cost much to buy all the yarn, and I know where will be more Anna hats made. The pattern has a picture tutorial section which I found came in handy when the directions stopped making sense. Once at 11 PM after a very long day, I contacted the designer with a question, but go figure right after I sent the email it all started to click. She was very nice and helpful anyways. 


  When I was working the hat I really didn't know what was what for a long time, and that made following the pattern hard, but as I said the photos really help with that part. I am glad I bought and made these patterns. I have a niece that dose not want to be Anna, she rather be Elsa. So be on the lookout for a hat pattern from me for a Queen Elsa Hat/Wig. It is in the works!

I hope these hats add some Disney magic to my cousins day. I know that so many kids are obsessed with this movie. I know there will be plenty of these hats made for the winter. I'm still hoping the some of Dinsey's brilliance and passion will rub off on me through my love of Disney movies. In watching these movies as a kid, they made me believe that I can do and be anything I want. Now as I see those dreams within reach I could use a little extra Disney magic to help them come true. Application, after application, emails, letters, and interviews, I still have my fingers crossed that I will be able to find a full-time job before next season. While, experience is experienced and I would be happy to do another internship next season. I don't think I could move across the country again for an internship. I was once told that "If it's easy then you're not dreaming big enough". These past two years have not been easy on my relationship, my wallet, or my family. I am still extremely blessed to surrounded by people that believe in me and want to see me land that first "Big Girl" job. I might not have chosen an easy career path, but I know what I want and I feel that is a good place for a person with determination to start.

Comments

Popular Posts