Lost and Found

So as promised I did spend some time looking for an easy pattern for my first attempt at making a stuffed animal. I really liked a blog I found called Knitted Toy Box they had a lot of great free patterns that are simple enough for a first attempt. I tried the Sugar Bunny Pattern and the knitting instructions were easy enough to follow, but I ended up being rather lost on how to actually put the damn thing together.

I tried to work with what I had on hand for this project. I ended up using some Vera's Choice yarn that I got for Christmas. (Yes, I knit so much the family members deem it appropriate to buy me yarn on holidays.) The needles I used were US7 which is says use US3, but I still feel like the knitting was tight enough that it worked fine. I lost my knitting bag so while I had yarn and needles I was missing everything else that I normally keep in my bag of tricks. Which includes, but is not limited to scissors, yarn needles, stitch counters, interchangeable circular needles, a few sets of dpns, and snacks. So my project was set on hold for about 2 days while I searched all three of my residences for the elusive bag.(Yes, I live on the couches in 3 different cities normally depending on where I am working that day.)

I spent last night knitting the rest of the bunny parts and I would like to call my first attempt Fail Bunny. I had no idea what I was doing as I sewed frankenrabbit together. His eyes are uneven, his tail is askew and I don't think his ears or head is on right.

Not to bad but I think I can do better so Fail Bunny will become a toy for pup, and I will try again. This time I think I have a better idea of how the pieces are suppose to fit together.

I will try to take some more pics and attempt this pattern again before I give up and hang my head in shame for being defeated by a rabbit. Also I did finish Dan Brown's new book Inferno while I had a chance to be pool side and it was a fantastic read. Highly recommend it! It did a great job a keeping me guessing. Also as the summer is coming to an end I keep wondering about how ok it would be for me to knit while I tan at the neighborhood pool? The countdown to real-life is on as my internships start coming to a close. It is weird to now think that I have to figure out what to do with my life. Will either or both of my offer me anything more long term? When will I have to sit down and talk that our with them?  I don't have to go back school shopping, I'm not getting ready for another round of new students and teachers. Sometimes you wish you could go back.
 

Comments

Popular Posts