Back to Basics

I guess its time to cover the basics. So, here are the basics on me. My name is Casey, and I recently graduated from college. I work two very different summer internships, one is with a triple-A ball team and the other a Buckhead financial planning company. The hours are crazy and the weekend happens to be whatever day I actually don't have to work. In my spare time I read and I knit. I am currently in the middle of Dan Browns new thriller Inferno. It is a great book to read by the pool, but any ways being crafty runs in my family, and I mainly stick with knitting. Lately I have been so busy trying to get that coveted full time salaried position that I have forgotten to take the time and do something for me. So here I am sitting behind my computer on my one day off this week, hoping that blogging about my knitting projects will make me take time to finally start something new.

So, starting with the basics for knitting. If you are not a knitter and want to be I suggest YouTube. I am self taught and everything I have learned has come from the the internet. There are no shortages of instructional videos on how to learn the basics. I try to keep my projects simple, but I don't like to get stuck making the same thing over and over. So I am always interested in new patterns. I am a broke twenty-something so I also try my very best to avoid paying for patterns.

I was just able to pick up my stash yarn baskets, and so I am all primed and ready to start a new project. I have made all kinds of things like hats, mittens, baby stuff, and scarves, but I want to try something different. Recently I have seen a serge in the handmade goods in some boutiques, and one of the items that keeps popping up is knitted stuffed animal. So, I am now on the hunt for the perfect pattern for a first attempt at a stuffed animal.



Comments

Popular Posts