All Good Things

Well today kicks off the last home stand if the season! So full of mixed emotions so happy for the end of the season and more free time, but also sad cause I really have become attached to this team and the field. So it will be a great week of no knitting. 

Spent most of last week working my other job and unpacking the apartment. I've gone into homemaker mode and am excited to pick out colors, decorations, art work, curtains! Ahh!! So much excitement I can't wait! It will be fun and it will probably give me a chance to have non- knitting arts and crafts time. 

Anyways I have started on a new project. I decided that I wanted to make a Dino hat to go with the toy. So, that what ever lucky child gets this is getting more than just a toy. Idk it might just be me but I like giving people sets as gifts so they have things that go together. 

So here is a picture of my original idea that I saw and wanted to make 
But of course I could only find it in crochet patterns and my crochet skills are less than lack luster. So I decided to stic with what I know and just kind of revamp and older patter that I have used before.
I used bits and pieces from about 3 different hat patterns to get this to look the way I wanted. If anyone really is interested in this franken-pattern then I would be happy to share. Anyways I am going to use the same ear flap hat as the base and then add knitted spikes/ plates to the top and add some Dino spots on the side. I saw a pic of this idea somewhere on google and it was way cute so I am going to try and improvise my own version. I am about half way done with the hat but still have plenty of work to do. Will definitely let everyone know if this works out :D 

So hi-Ho hi-Ho it's back to actual work I go. Game tonight at 6:05 so I have lots of work to do. 

Comments

Popular Posts