New Week, New Work

Is it Monday Funday? Probably not but I have my fingers crossed for a good week. I have no idea why but my weekends are never as restful as I would like. I and the boy had worked and chores to do all weekend. At least, all last week all I had was down time. I don't think I did much of anything and it drove me crazy! I honestly don't know how to do NOTHING! No work = no money which in turns = me staying home using my yarn stash to work on random projects. Also thinking again about starting to sell some of the pieces that I make but still have no idea where to start. First things first I have to have things I can sell... and I don't have anything right now.

So at the beginning of last week, I started on a baby blanket to go with the elephant that I made. I, of course, raided my stash and found some yarn that I had used a few years ago to make a blanket. I thought I might have enough yarn, but now I am stuck in project limbo! Angel Baby is the name of the pattern that I used from Red heart.
This is a picture of the yarn that I have been using. I looked up this brand and style on Ravelry and found out that it has actually been discontinued. If someone knows where I can get my hands on some or wants to yarn swap just let me know. I have a rather large yarn stash: D 

This is what the blanket looks like right now and how it will continue to look if I don't find more yarn! I am trying to decide if it is even worth it. I have been thinking about scrapping that project and starting on a new blanket with totally different yarn. So while I have been avoiding this I decided to try my hand at crochet!
I found this really easy pattern for boot cuffs and I figured it would be something quick and easy fro me to make and I was kinda right. The pattern is by Posh Patterns and I used the Easy Elegant Boot Cuff Pattern

 I used some Vanna's Choice Yarn that I had laying around in Beige and Rust. I thought they would be some nice fall colors.
 The rust colored yarn was my first attempt and I think they turned out pretty good for someone who has no idea how to use a crochet hook. And below is pair number 2 still not totally done but that is what I am going to do as soon as I finish this blog post!

 Today I start a new job so yes right now I have 3 jobs and Yes I am still so very broke! I am thinking that something is going to have to give and I am going to have to cut it back to two jobs. Mostly likely the two jobs that are paying I will keep. It's getting to be that where I can start applying for baseball internships I have just to double check my resume and cover letter. I'm trying very hard to not get thrown out of the running because of bad spelling or grammar! More news on that as is develops! I am off to finish laundry, this boot cuff project and to get ready for my first day of being a nanny! Fingers crossed that these kids like me!



Comments

Popular Posts