Work, Work, Work

So, at the beginning of this month, I was so stressed about getting all my ducks in a row. Well, I think I managed to do it. My retail job wasn't giving me enough hours, so I picked up a nanny gig. So now I get to work all the time! I have been able to to finish a few things, though.

I finished the baby gift for my cousin. It took more than a few tries but I am rather happy with the end result. I wanted to make a long tail elf style hat. I used a pattern from Make Baby Stuff.com for the hat. My first attempt came out as a regular baby beanie style hat because I messed up the decrease. So for my second attempt I paid closer attention to the pattern and the only problem I had was with the stripes.

I wasn't happy with the way the seam was coming out so I took to the internet again. I spent some time figuring out how to do 'joggless stripes'. TECHknitting had a great article about knitting stripes. At the end, I think it all turned out pretty well, but I'm not sure if I will use this pattern again. The decrease got kinda tricky at the end with trying to keep the stripe pattern going and the small number of stitches. To say the least, it was kinda a bitch annoying. 

So overall I am pretty happy with the way they both turned out.They match the elephant pretty well and I think it will be a nice gift. Next week I found out if my other cousin is having a boy or a girl and then it will be back to making baby gifts! As for now I think that I am going to work on some winter wear for me or whoever. I really never end up keeping the things I knit for me. I found a great cowl pattern on ravelry I would like to try. We will see how it all works out. Haven't put anything on my needles yet so still have some decisions to make.  The pattern is called the Pine Bough Cowl, and I think I might use some lighter colors that I already have just as a first attempt. 

In other news it's Halloween this week! I am pumped and I have already been to one costume party. My friend had a birthday party Sunday and we all got dressed up. It was big fun. I was planning on going as Abby from NCIS the goth forensic scientist, but there was a last minute costume change. My boy had no idea what he wanted to be, so I switched gears. Pulled together a fun couples costume at the thrift store, and we went as Mary Poppins and Bert.
Planning to have another Halloween gathering this week, so I, at least, get to wear my costume on more time. I have also been busy applying for Baseball internships. All over the place! I have sent in an application to 7 teams, and two of them are in GA. Who knows what will happen. I love it here but I have to follow my passion and if that takes me somewhere else for a year well it will just be a  new adventure. I have heard back from teams in Indiana, Florida, and Maine. So this could turn into a pretty big adventure. Prepping for interviews between knitting rounds. 


Comments

Popular Posts