Almost Elsa

So I was watching this weeks episode of Once Upon A Time ( yes I'm a fan), and I decided to post my ALMOST Elsa hat.

It's been like a year or something since Frozen came and kids still can't get enought! Lord knows my niece knows every word to every song by hart and will sing them to you at the drop of a hat. We "grown ups" might say they should just let it go. But somehow it won't die!! So before your little snow queen convinces you to build a snowman here is my winter Elsa hat/wig 



Materials: 
Size H hook 
1 Skien white yarn (worsted)
1 skien blue yarn (worsted)
And a small length of a color of your choice for the second snowflake
Yarn needles to weave in ends 

Abbreviations: 
Ch- chain
Sc- single crochet 
Dc - double crochet

I used mostly super saver solids brand for this project. 

I made this hat as a kid/pre-teen size but if you have a favorite basic beanie pattern rock it out! Also can easily be resized for smaller or bigger snow queens! 

Hat Pattern: using blue color
Magic ring, ch 2, then DC 9 in magic ring, join to first DC, CH 2
Round 2: 2DC in each around, join to first DC, CH2 (18) 
Round 3: 2 DC in first stitch, DC in next, repeat around, join, CH 2 (27)
Round 4: 2 DC in first stitch, DC in next 2, repeat around, join, CH 2 (36)
Round 5: 2 DC in first stitch, DC in next 3, repeat around, join, CH 2 (45)
Round 6: 2 DC in first stitch, DC in next 4, repeat around, join, CH 2 (54)
Round 7: DC around 
Round 8: 2 DC in first stitch, DC in next 8, repeat around, join, CH 2 (60)
Round 9: 2 DC in first stitch, DC in next 29, repeat around, CH 2 (62)
Round 10-14: DC around 
Change color to white
Round 15-16: DC around 
Change color back to blue
Round 17-18: DC around 
Round 19: SC around and fasten off

Braid: 
Cut about 25 strands of white yarn measuring 36 inches or 3 feet. Personally I just used my armspand here. So use your best judgment! 

Starting at the back of the hat attach 1 stand to 1 back loop of SC stitch using your crochet hook. Using a method similar to latch hooking to secure strands. 

To get the "Elsa" look make have more strand attached one side than the other. Once all strands or desired amount are attached roll "hair" backward and pull into a braid. Once braided and tied off I went back and fluffed up the braid a bit
To make the snowflakes I used a pattern I found on revelry and you can find it here! 


Attach snowflakes in white and gray and voila! Elsa! 

Sorry about the lack of pictures in this one. If anything is unclear please just let me know! 

Comments

Popular Posts