Redneck Holidays

Well, today I have a new one for you. Yes it involves yarn but you'll also have to break out the glue gun for this one
Bottle cap Christmas ornament!! Tacky I know right ?!? I love it! I'm planning on using them as gift tags for my gifts this season ( well for the 21+ on my list). Want to make your own for this holiday season well grab a beer and settle in cause it's easier than you think! 

Here is what you will need:

9 bottle caps
Ball of scrap yarn
7/8 Christmas ribbon 
Cardboard 
Glue gun 

Start off with a cardboard base something kinda thick and sturdy. Use what you have handy to make circular outlines. I used a Nalgene for the outer circles and a candle for the inner candle.
Cut them out so you have circles with a hollow center.
Take that circle and it will be the base of your ornament. Take the circle you just made and wrap it with yarn and use your glue gun to secure the yarn to the base.
Once you have done that figure out how you want your bottle caps to be placed in the circle. Lay them out on the ring to be sure the fit. Then hot glue each one at the edges to attach them to the yarn ring base.
Once all the bottle caps have been secured. Take a small length of yarn to make a loop to hang the ornament on the tree. I used a slip knot. 
Now all the left is a bow! Take your 7/8 Christmas ribbon and make a shoestring bow. And hot glue the sucker to the bottle cap of your choice!
Voila! Quick simple and a great gift topper! Let me know how your holidays go! If left anything out please let me know and be sure to send me some of your own bottle cap ornament! 
Happy Redneck Holidays! I'll probably post again soon. I have been working on and kids Elsa wig/hat, and several other projects! All the projects applying for jobs, working retail during the holiday and spending time with my boy. Life has been busy and nice. Hopefully good things will come from this holiday season! Missing Mane but so happy to be back in the south.

Comments

Popular Posts