Tried and True

So, here I am a spunky, twenty-something in a new town. My first full weekend here with surprisingly nothing to do. The world is my oyster! So, what do I do with my time? Refuse to leave my bed and write up one of my favorite patterns.

I have been talking about it since I added the patterns page and I finally did it. I added my favorite basic newborn hat. The pattern is ONLY the base hat. All little fun add-ons are not included. Feel free to look back at other patterns to add faces, ears, braids or whatever your little heart desires.

                            

I have made this pattern so many times. I think I might know the pattern by heart. I have always gotten compliments about how it fits their newborn like a glove. I have made this pattern for co-workers, family, and friends. Since it is so small it is fairly quick to make. If you are watching LOFT you could probably make two while watching one movie! It is newborn size so, it won't last long. Babies will probably outgrow it pretty quick, so keep that in mind. Great for leaving the hospital and newborn pics.

I have started on a knitting project. The pattern is called Offhand Lace. It can be foud on Ravelry or on the pattern makers blog We Will Tell You All Our Secrets. Besides the absolutely stunning looking purple haired, tattooed model in the picture, who makes me want to take up roller derby. This pattern is knitted in a triangle shape with bulky yarn. It is a pretty easy knit. I cant wait to see how it ends up. I am trying to use up some stash yarn that I have brought with me.

                                           

New town, new people, new roommate. Ahh! life is changing in a flash. Something is different about this move from the last. I guess I can't expect every move to follow the same patterns. I am excited about the new position. I know there is so much I can learn from working with this new organization. The countdown to opening day is on. The events are starting to pile up. This will probably be one of my last open weekends for a while. Going to take some time to try and find my way about. Texas is strange in the way that it is laid out. It is like they looked at how other places were building cities, and went " Nah we have too much space to do it like that." I have no idea where anything is. I just want to find the cute little shopping area where I can walk around and see all the little local stores. Find local food, beer, and small business. Where is that area??

Comments

Popular Posts