Everything is Busier in Texas

As my first month in Texas comes to a close I thought this would be a good time to sum up my time here and some finished projects.

In the first week that I was in the office, I learned that not one, but two co-workers are expecting little girls in the coming months. Of course, that means that I will finally be able to work on some little girl projects! Are you ready for the cuteness?

So, finish up from my last post. The shawl/ scarf is done! so far I have claimed it as mine but who knows how long that will rarely last. I'll still probably end up giving to up to someone else over time. I made it using leftover stash yarn from my previous pattern Blue.

Please ignore the fact that this picture is a terrible selfie. For much better pictures and the pattern click here. The pattern is called Offhand Lace and I have gotten so many compliments on it, and its only be cold enough to wear it a few times! It was a quick knit and it is a simple but very pretty pattern.

As for office baby, number one I have put together a little set that I think will be pretty cute. Because I can't just make one piece for someone I made a newborn hat, diaper cover, and booties set all three are crochet.

(front of hat & back of diaper cover)                                              (front of both hat and diaper cover)



OK, are you ready for all the pattern! So overall to make this set I used a total of 3 patterns. Yup, 3! The hat is made using my Basic Newborn Hat Pattern. I just left off the earflap portion.I thought it would be cuter that was but now looking back maybe the earflaps would have been a cute idea...who know! The diaper cover was made using this pattern by Ann Granger. Overall a pretty easy project, but I just feel like it didn't turn out as well as I wanted. I have used the Adjustable Diaper Cover in the past. I don't know if there are any difference, but if I was to make another one I would probably use the second diaper cover pattern. So now we can't forget the bird! The bird applique was a great quick crochet piece that adds a nice little feminine touch without being overly girly. Again all of this was made with stash yarn. I probably had less than a half a skein of each color. 




So the final piece to round out the set is a pair of little baby Mary Jane shoes. So, by this time in my project I am defiantly running low on yarn in these colors but no worries! I found a baby bootie pattern that left me with yarn to spare, but really just enough yarn to be scrap. These little beauts probably took me less than 2 hours to make, and I think they turned out great! It was a wonderful pattern and I say that because this was the 2nd or 3rd pattern I had tried to make. Not sure if it was the yarn or my brain, but it took a few try to find the right pattern to make these little booties. 

Other than my normal yarn things over last weekend, I took up a new craft, cross stitch. Oh yeah where my stitches at? Because moving and bills have left me rather broke for the time being the only fun money I have is a gift card to Michael's. I picked up two patterns for under $12 on clearance and thought why not give it a whirl!


It was beautiful 70 degrees this weekend, so I sat poolside and just worked on a project. Nowhere on any of the instructions does it say must sit in the confines of you apartment in a dark corner. I love seeing the range of mixed looks I get when I craft in public. Anyway, I am so happy with how this came out and there are more in the horizon that I am positive of! Look out for sassy saying and passive aggressive pillows!

On the more personal less craft side of things. Work is going well! I am really enjoying the people that I work with. Which is good, but makes me sad when I think about how this is just an internship. I have gotten my hopes up in the past and it just turned into heartbreak when I left. It's really hard not to fall in love with a place that you put so much of your heart into. With 12+ hour days and 12 day work weeks, it's hard not to build bonds with people. They aren't wrong when they say, everyone, you meet leave an imprint on you. We haven't even gotten to the real grind of the season ad I'm thinking about how I know I will miss these people if/when I leave at the end the season. Following a dream is hard, making your dream job your full-time job is no small task. I know hard work, and my drive to work in sports will pay off. I just have to find that right spot. Still haven't explored too much of Texas. Moving again has done a number on my bank account. Working as an intern is learning how to live on a shoestring. I know this will be a good place for me. I know the season is around the corner and my life will go from quiet to organized chaos. The countdown to opening day is on. 

Comments

Popular Posts