Taking Back Blue

Blue is for boys pink is for girls. That what they say. Sports are for boys and dolls are for girls. No, it doesn't really make any sense. Why is it that most things have to be for girls or for boys? Why can't we ever really share anything? Well  for this project I wanted to make something girly but was lacking typical "girl" colors. With everyone around me having girls, it's no surprise that I set to work on another newborn gift set.


For this set, I went for a different type of three-piece set. For some reason, ALL baby gifts that I give must be a set of three things! I'm not sure why, but it is ingrained in my noggin. So, headband booties and a cross stitch bib (still slightly unfinished). The headband is made up of two pieces the flower is a free pattern from Ravelry. Yes, I know it's meant for an adult sized head but I really liked the Flower. The headband well I think I just made that up while I was at one of my knit night groups.... and it never got written down. Sorry! Any way you could use any simple baby sized headband pattern you want. I swear there are plenty of them out there! Another creative idea is using just the cuff section of your favorite baby hat pattern. 


The booties pattern was a simple, but very cute basic booties. On the original pattern, they use a bow as decoration instead of a flower. I wanted a flower to go with the headband. I tried, at least, three or four patterns but everything just ended up being too bulky for little baby feet. With a little more of that knit night inspiration I was able to take a basic pattern that I liked and scale it way down for baby feet! Unlike the headband, I did remember to write this one down! You can find the pattern either on the patterns page of my blog or right here! Simply called Mini Flower cause that's all it is, could be used for a number of goodies! Headbands, booties, hats, whatever your little heart desires! the pattern might be kind of rough and any feedback is welcome! I was thinking about adding a photo tutorial, but I'm not sure if it's necessary.  


Finally on to the last piece of the puzzle this cross stitch bib. Loving this little raccoon guy! I have since finished the piece, for the most part. I don't feel that the back is baby proof, so I still need to add a backing and use heat and bond to keep the stitches in place. That will be its own craft store trip. Then borrowing of someone's sewing machine...ugh so there might still be a good bit to do with this one. After recruiting some online help, I found out that there are plenty of tips and trick that I don't know about cross stitching that I don't know yet! Like not pulling that thread all the way through and hiding the stitches INSIDE the quilted material, and making all your X's the same way. Much more brain power needed than I originally thought. Anyways this last piece really rounds out this little girl blue set. As a girl that has always liked blue, and boys things I think this set is perfect for any little girl. 

So, these are the projects that I have been working on the next set will be similar but the bib pattern is an orange and yellow owl. So I think I will start with that color scheme and work on an owl hat and some other goodies. Really who knows what I'll work on! My downtime is starting to dwindle. My sleep schedule, well I'm not sure that I have one. Weekends, limited, I think I'll get maybe a Sunday here or there. Baseball season is around the corner. Spring Training has begun. I really want donuts. The team will be here by the end of the month, and we have so many events between now and then. A few big things that I'm looking forward to. Fanfest, Big League Weekend, Media day. Probably almost in that order. It's easy to give up evenings, weekend, and spare time when you enjoy your work. Something about my office that feels like home. The people you work with really go make a difference and how much you enjoy work. We are starting to interview game day people, and are still looking for one more person to round out or team. Looking forward to getting to know a few more awesome people. I still really want donuts. Lent might be making me more sugar crazed than normal since I gave up sweets! AHH Easter needs to hurry up, so I stop spending my free time thinking about donuts. Check out my twitter @cschnautzy or Instagram @schnautzy to keep up with me and my projects between posts. 

Comments

Popular Posts