Lazy Days

So this week I have spent a large amount of my time knitting. My internship is starting to become less fulfilling and my new retail job itsnt giving me many hours. So lately I have had some serious down time.

I am really happy that I have had the time to finish the toy elephant that I started on. Lots of pieces lost of seaming and lots of time. It turned out pretty good but I'm sure if I could sew worth a darn it would of turned out better. Here are some pics from the process 
Here are al the pieces of the puzzle! 
About halfway through putting all of the pieces together! 
And here is the final product! My cousin is pregnate with a little boy due in January and this is going to be party of the baby gift for her. I am making a baby blanket to go with the elephant with a really soft fluffy yarn. The pattern is called "angel baby blanket pattern" by RedHeart. The colors will be blue and yellow from some yarn that I have from a project a few years ago. I hope I have enough or I will have to play I SPY to see if I can find more that matches. I got it at BIG LOTS and I haven't seen it since. Oh well! 

 I am trying really hard to get these present done so that I can start making some fun winter things. Since I haven't had much luck finding work or getting hours I have been considering making some things to sell online. I'm not sure if that is a good idea and it kinda slightly you know terrifies me. 

Next baseball season can't get here fast enough. Biting my nails and trying to squeak by until I can start applying for internship/ trainee positions again with teams. This waiting game is killing me. I ways thought it would be easy to achieve my dreams and that everything would work out quickly. I choose a hard field to get in to but I know I can do it. It might take longer than I thought, it might be harder than I planned but I know I can do it. 




Comments

Popular Posts