Settling In

So its Sunday afternoon and I have spent my day relaxing. It has been wonderful and much needed. This weekend was spent mostly jamming out to some awesome music. Went to a local music festival for the third year in a row and it was great.
Working all week and having plans almost every weekend. It is enough to tire any person out. Therefor it has been Sunday Funday! I have gone thrifting, grocery shopping, started dinner and now I am working on my new knitting project. Which might not be so exciting to some people but I rather enjoy it.

New project update....well I picked one and ran with it. I picked this rather simple Elephant Pattern by woman's day magazine. I know there is going to be plenty of seeming to do since is all knitted in pieces. I will defiantly have to brush up on those skills before I get into it.
Here is a little bit of the jigsaw puzzle I'll be working with later.

I have the pieces of the body done and one of 4 legs. There is still plenty to be done before its time to put it together. Good thing I still have time. This elephant is going to be a present for my cousin who is due in January. She is having a little boy and I will be making her a blanket to go with the elephant as soon as I can find the pattern. Which I believe is lost since I haven't used it in about two years. 

I have really enjoyed spending my down time knitting but it has been rather slow work lately because I have been working quite a bit. Also because I have a new helper....her name is Jinx 

She "helps" me knit and by that I mean she steals my yarn. 

This little bugger has been taking up some of me free time and has really helped me and the boy settle into the new place. It has been nice to have something cuddly to come home to. She is great at taking naps and is a really good alarm clock. The new job is going well. I haven't worked retail in a good minute and its nice. Its nice to be around people that live and work around here as well. Being relatively new to the area still it's always fun to hear where there are good places to eat, go out, shop, and to meet new people in general. The internship has been going well have been spending lots of time re-doing the company logo. I found out last week that we are planning an event so now the real trick is to start getting everything ready for that. 

This up coming week will include one major league baseball game, a wedding, working two jobs, and possibly some downtime so I can keep these project rolling.   

Comments

Popular Posts